A Proven Solution for Faster, More Accurate Insurance Rating Engine
Insurance rating can be a time-consuming process, chiefly because of the many factors, variables, and calculations required to ensure the ratings accuracy that is so critical to a company's bottom line.
GameChanger® Rating is an insurance rating engine solution that facilitates the rating development cycle by allowing automated rating and underwriting services to be built from Product Playbooks that are configured using Excel™ spreadsheet models. Product Playbooks are line of business templates that encapsulate product definition by rates, rules, forms and flow.
Product managers and actuaries who build ratings directly from Product Playbooks generate more accurate ratings than traditional "code and load", or GUI based rule builders. Since virtually all actuaries use Excel™ to develop rating plans, the ability of GameChanger Rating to translate data from that work is a huge advantage.
GameChanger Rating reduces rollout time for new products and their maintenance costs by eliminating what is typically the most error prone and costly aspect of the rating cycle: translating the rating logic into code and loading factor data.
What's more, GameChanger Rating virtually eliminates the time and effort to learn complicated new GUI or symbolic languages. Flexible XML-based protocol and server architecture allow it to integrate with existing legacy software and scale up to serve huge loads. It can even power a "quick quote" website and simultaneously provide ratings for existing legacy processes.
- Changes made in hours and new programs in days
- Uses actuarial Excel™ spreadsheets as its’ source for Product Playbooks
- A comprehensive solution for the most complex rating tasks
- Lowered maintenance cost
- Business user and SME configured
- Can be implemented across Web, large/secured enterprise, and desktop environments
- Accommodates unique and specific State conditions
- Flexible and extensible design based on HTTP, XML standards
- Reduced development and maintenance costs
- Reduced time-to-market
- Faster response to changes in regulations or market trends
- Improved accuracy and overall rating performance
- Allows complex and novel approaches to ratings, eliminating the restrictions in legacy programs functions
- Self diagnostics enable rating traces and validation
- Select line-of-business and state independence
- Horizontal scaling to meet even the most demanding load